Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Barn Silo & what's next?

 Tuesday, May 31 - that is the date I finished the binding on Barn Silo.  Yay!  Another UFO to check off the list.  I plan to hang this one up on the quilt rail in the living room for this month.  It has a summery look to it as it's made of 30s reproduction prints.  I can't take any credit for the fabric choices however, as this was purchased as a kit. 


Barn Silo is a Lori Holt pattern from her Farm Girl Vintage books.  She has a couple of different barn blocks in the books, and of course you can choose any of the 6" quilt blocks to set inside the 12" barn block.  Farm Girl Vintage (1 and 2) are some of my very favorite pattern books.  


The number drawn for June for the APQ UFO Challenge was #1.  This is my list of project options for that number.  The top 2 are definitely UFOs, but I think I may begin with the PIG because it might be the easiest one to finish, at least to the flimsy stage.  


The Scottie Dog Quick Strippee is something that I had kitted up a couple of years ago, along with a couple of others.  The other 2 have already been finished, but this one was still waiting in the project box.  Since I've given 2 baby quilts as gifts in the last month, sold 3 more for gifts, and donated another - then I think it's time to replenish my stash of baby quilts.  

So, the Scottie Dogs will be my reward for getting the gifted and donation quilts mailed.  Actually I plan to take them to the post office today since the boxes are all packed.  So that means that I can work on this one, right?

6 comments:

Ramona said...

I had always wanted to make my mom something with the barn silo blocks, but never did. Yours does look very summery... great finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE that barn quilt!!!! it is so adorable!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Wonderful finish! The Scotty fabric is adorable and will make a fun baby quilt.

Moneik said...

Love that quilt! The barns are so cute and I think it will be a great summer quilt for your space.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Scotty dog quilt will be perfect for a baby! :) Love your barn quilt!

Kate said...

You should definitely celebrate recent accomplishments by starting one of your PIGs. I've really been fighting the urge to start something new. Maybe following your new start will help my will power?