Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Rearranged - and improved

This was Block #8 for Saturday Sampler, and I found myself not liking how it looked inside that pieced sashing.  Alone it looked good, but it just didn't seem to work like this. 


I decided I could replace it easily enough without taking apart the sashing, so on Monday evening in front of the TV I picked out those seams.  I ended up leaving one corner attached and just spun those other 3 sections around.  It took maybe 15 minutes to sew it all back together. 


And here is my new and improved version!  I like it so much better.  The best thing is that it no longer seems to be "fighting" with that pieced sashing.  Yay!!
 

The other 2 color versions don't have this sashing, so I'm leaving those blocks just the way they are.  

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

WOW! You really improved this block, I like it so much better now. Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! The block will look great with all the others, too.

Moneik said...

It really improves the block the way you have it now! I love the way it looks.