Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Money well spent

 I should have taken some before pictures of my dirty windows for a before/after comparison.  A 3-person crew of window washers came on Wednesday morning, and my windows all sparkle. Yay!  It took them 4 hours to do all of the windows - inside and out.  They vacuumed every window sill, and scrubbed every screen.  That was money very well spent as I just can't do a ladder anymore.  And my husband is back to more work travel so he wasn't going to have time.  

I can see the little birds even better at the feeder outside my office window.  Now, if only the sun would shine again.  I won't complain about the rain we've gotten because we really needed it, but a little sunshine would brighten the day.  

I did spend about half an hour on Wednesday in my sewing room after work.  It was budget update day, so most of the day was spent at my desk.  That isn't enough time to accomplish much, but I did get half of one Checkered Star block sewn.  This is a very low contrast bunch of colors, but might make a good baby quilt if I ever manage to finish it.


Maybe today I'll get some sewing time in - and hopefully will use these cute fabrics for a couple more Churn Dash blocks for our guild baby quilt block drive.  

I have definitely noticed that dark blue is pretty much missing from my sewing table this week so far.  But there is a little stack of options on the end of the ironing board for a block or two. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for clean windows!! I know what you mean about ladders!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Thankfully, the windows in my apartment are easy to clean: I just need to actually do it. I’ll wait for the “cotton” to stop flying before I tackle them.