Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Scrappy mug rugs

First of all I need to wish a Happy Birthday to daughter #2 today.  39 years ago she was born between blizzards. And it seemed we were snowed in most of that winter.  



A friend needed a couple of mug rugs for Christmas gifts, so I had some fun Friday morning playing with mug rug ideas.  Two of these “fruity girls” mug rugs are finished.


Then I used the same pattern for the lemon fabric.  And the coffee cups made use of a cardinal print that was in with some holiday fabrics.  These could become more mug rugs or even hot pads.

I’m linking up with RSC today:

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

where do the years fly right - happy birthday to your daughter

Vicki in MN said...

Those mug blocks are really cute! I heard lemons were becoming a thing to decorate with.

Kate said...

A great project to use up some odds and ends. I really like the coffee cup mug rugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun! A great way to use up some cute prints!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great use of scraps. The "lemons" are so cheery. The perfect accompaniment to tea in the mugs. My son turns 39 a few weeks after your daughter. He was also born between blizzards.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Those lemon blocks are the perfect accompaniment to a hot tea in the in the coffee cups. My son also turns 39 three weeks from now. Another between the blizzard babies.

Helenchaffin said...

those are beautiful for mug rugs, definitely make the coffees taste better lol ,would make for beautiful quilt blocks as well