Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Sewing while it rains

I baked a batch of cookies, got about 2/3 of my Christmas cards ready to mail, got a haircut and manicure, scanned a bunch of old photos, and managed just a little bit of sewing the past couple of days.  The winter storm hitting this region has mostly produced rain and ice here, but today we expect that to change to snow.  


Pillowcase #4 out of 5 for the grandkids is done.  The last one uses the same basketball fabric, but has a different top.  It's pinned and sitting next to my machine this morning.


The 9" version of the Sewcialites block #7 is finished.  This is Butterfly Garden.  Now I just need to make the other 2 versions to be caught up - until tomorrow when #8 will be posted.  


Four more of the Plaid blocks are done too.  These used the last of the 3.5" squares I pulled out of the box of squares I spilled last week.  There are 29 of these blocks made so far.  Since they are only 7" finished I'll need quite a few more of these to make a good sized child's quilt. 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry to hear you are getting ice! I hate getting ice

Vicki in MN said...

Butterfly garden is really a pretty block, one could do a whole quilt, maybe add a sashing in between the blocks.

Nann said...

Just rain here in northeasternmost Illinois. I do like those plaid blocks!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Not nearly as much snow fell as was predicted, but blizzard conditions persisted. The warnings were rescinded early this morning but the wind is still blowing snow around. Now, the cold air will settle in the area.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a pretty butterfly block! We got snow about 12 inches, so glad I did not have to shovel:)

Astrid said...

After living in the tropics for almost 20 years, I can't say I miss wintry Norway. Beautiful blocks.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, you got a lot done!!! Love that butterfly block, Sara!!!