Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2024

A finish & a find

A finish, no matter how small, is a victory.
 


The Easter door hanger is finished.  It's a chocolate bunny, right?  This was a Riley Blake kit, and really adorable.  I was going to quilt this myself but ended up having it done by a pro.  The texture on this is great, so I'm glad I made that decision.  The variegated thread is even soft Easter colors.  So I could hang it on the 2 hooks on my door, I added ribbon loops on the top. And now it will hang in the closet until next spring.  LOL

So, what have I found now?


This wall hanging - Cats of 4 Seasons - was folded up in the bottom of a drawer.  Not the Big Grey Tote, but a drawer.  It's all hand appliqued and most of that was done in the car in approximately the year 2000 on a road trip from South Dakota to Atlanta, up to North Carolina, then over to Kentucky, with stops in Chicago and Green Bay.  It was a LOT of hours in the car.


About 10 years ago I started hand quilting it.  I think it was about 10 years ago.  Anyway, it's about half quilted.  The needle is still threaded and was in the spot where I stopped.  The binding fabric was even in a small bag with it.  I remember this pattern was in a book, but I have no clue which book or if I still have that particular book.  Hmmm . . . 

Hopefully I will work on the hand quilting now that this project has seen the light of day again, and get it finished.  It's crazy what UFO projects I keep unearthing. 

2 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am chuckling each time you unearth another UFO...I am in the same boat and last year I clicked off a bunch. I need to find time to do more this year. But now that I am home again I need to crank out some of those runners I pieced in the last 3 months

Far Side of Fifty said...

As soon as I get done with the big sort I need to finish something else! Love the Chocolate Bunny! You hand quilting is so neat!