Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Next in line - Laurel Burch

I'm so in love with Laurel Burch designs - such rich saturated colors and whimsical designs.  I've purchased quite a bit of her fabrics over the years, and now one of those pieces is soon to be a flimsy.


This is the next project in line - a jungle design panel.  I'm using a Villa Rosa pattern called October Sky because it is perfect for a horizontal panel.  All of the pieces for the HSTs were cut from fabrics I pulled from the stash last month for this.  In my head I'm picturing an outer border with leaves, but haven't purchased anything yet as I want to have the center portion all sewn before making a final decision on those borders.
 

And I got a good start by sewing and squaring up the HSTs.  I bought some solid black yardage for the sashing for this one too.  The goal is to have this one a flimsy - except for outer borders - by the end of the week.  That should be manageable.


One other task yesterday was to finish organizing the smaller pieces of leftover batting.  These pieces will be used primarily for mug rugs and hot pads.  I have quite a stack here, but there is also quite a substantial stack of mug rug blocks ready to finish.  

4 comments:

Nann said...

I remember my first discover of Laurel Burch designs -- long before fabric. Mid 80's? Earlier? I splurged and bought a pair of earrings. I promptly lost one. So much for expensive (to me back then) costume jewelry!

The VRD pattern is a great way to display a vivid panel.

Vicki in MN said...

I really like the look of that Villa Rosa pattern, your Laurel Birch will really shine in those colors!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the bold colors, this project will be a beauty!

Kate said...

Love the colors you've chosen. A bright and fun palette for early spring.