Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Road trip fun

 Last Thursday morning my cousin and I did a bit of shopping, and both stops were places I would definitely stop again.


Actually, the first stop was at a quilt shop she's taken me a couple of times before. But they moved into a really great new space since my last visit.  Twin Cities Quilting in St Paul has a definite modern vibe.  I love seeing how unique different shops are in terms of the fabrics and designs they carry. 


I was especially taken by the clever "critters" standing on a couple of the fabric bolt displays.  They appeared to be painted wood, with fabric scraps applied with mod podge.  Maybe . . . I'm not completely sure just how they were done.  But I loved seeing them.


The Whiskers & Wine fabrics (Northcott) caught my eye right away. I have not seen these anywhere before, so of course I had to buy some.  Just because they're cute.  This one is a border print.


And I picked up the panel as well.  No plan is in mind yet, but I'm sure I'll figure out some fun way to use these.


The other really great stop was Dock 6 Pottery.  In spite of the name, pottery wasn't the main attraction in this amazing shop.  They feature many local artists' work - fiber arts, stained glass, pottery, leather, jewelry, and so much more.


My purchase here was a birthday gift to myself - a scarf made by felting on silk.  The beautiful colors just don't look as good in my photo. The back is a deep turquoise, and the front is a subtle greyish lavender with all kind of aqua, wine, green, gold embellishments.  I wore it to the dinner theater that very night over a wine colored sweater. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

A bit of fun and bit of lovely. Definitely great shopping experiences.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

and look at all that snow! even though I grew up in the north I'm always amazed to see so much snow in April in the photos. Love that quilt shop

Vicki in MN said...

I have never been to the Twin Cities Quilting store, but have seen their booth at quilt shows. Hmmm I see a bit of snow at the Pottery shop!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice scarf!