Pages

Friday, April 5, 2024

This n that

I'm a very lucky lady!!  On Wednesday I got a phone call from the local quilt shop to tell me I was the winner of the monthly drawing.  I stopped in to pick up my prize on the way out of town that afternoon, and was thrilled to see what I won. 

Picture snagged from Pin Cushion Facebook page.

The shop has you enter your name and phone number each time you shop and don't take a shopping bag.  Just like taking your own cloth bags to the grocery store!!  My prize is awesome - a big bundle of Tilda fabric (Jubilee line) fat eighths, and an insulated coffee mug.  

Thank you to The Pin Cushion!!!  I already have an idea in mind for that Tilda fabric.  That's what happens when I spend a couple hours alone in the car driving somewhere.  My brain was busy while I drove down the interstate.  LOL

I promised myself that I would keep up with the Riley Blake block challenge, and so far so good.  This is block #10 by Karen Walker called Time Waits For No One.  Sometimes the block names make sense, and sometimes they don't.  These are all Hourglass units, so I think the name works. 

The cushion part of Olivia's school musical costume was finished on Wednesday, and we did a fitting of the dog suit after school that day at their house.  


For its glamour shot I set it on my round coffee table so those tassels could hang off.  I'm thinking the tassels hang a bit low, but the director can decide if she wants them shortened. Olivia was very excited that the cushion looked like it came from a castle. Her brothers were unimpressed. LOL

However, when she tried on the dog suit part of the costume, there were 2 issues that I'm working to correct right away.  The torso was too short, and the legs were too short.  So it requires a few alterations that involve both inserting some extra pieces and also adding fake fur before I turn it over to her on Sunday.  We had already planned for some fake fur so it will work out OK I think. 

After the costume fitting I got to stay for supper and enjoy some time with the family. My daughter made such a tasty supper - chicken breasts with a creamy lemony sauce, and sauteed veggies.  She mixed fresh Brussel sprouts, onion, fresh green beans, mushrooms, and baby potatoes in the skillet with a bit of olive oil, butter, and just sauteed them.  I had just done the same thing with fresh green beans, red peppers and mushrooms over the weekend.  I do love fresh veggies cooked simply.  Yum!! 

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congrats on being the winning quilter! Have fun with the Tilda fabrics, happy stitching!

Kate said...

Oooh, nice prize. Sorry the costume didn't go together exactly as planned. The cushion looks great, it does look like it came from a castle.

Nann said...

Congratulations on the prize! A fancy cushion indeed. The vegetable side dish sounds yummy.

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on your fabric win! Always fun to win something. I too won fabric this week from Accuquilts FB live Tuesday launch party.
Nice work on that cushion, I agree that it looks like it's from a castle.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice to win prizes! Best of luck sewing the costume! The Ottoman looks great!