Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Butterfly mini finish


My Wednesday finish was this mini quilt with the paper pieced butterflies.  This was a kit from Shabby Fabrics that I couldn't resist because I love the bright colors.  In the photo the top butterflies look larger and the bottom of the quilt looks much narrower than the top.  Guess I took the photo from a strange angle.  All 4 butterflies are exactly the same 6" size blocks.


Sometimes the back of a project is too pretty to hide on the back.  The kit included this gorgeous Kaffe print for the back.  I used it, but was also happy there was a little of it left.


And that little piece of the backing was just enough to make Kitty block #30.  

3 comments:

Nann said...

That was a quick finish! And what fun to have enough left over for your ongoing project.

Kate said...

Beautiful mini! That backing is lovely too. You definitely made the most of that backing fabric, the kitty is pretty too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your cat is Purrfect!!
And those butterflies - oh my !! I love it so much!! you did an excellent job!