Pages

Monday, April 15, 2024

Design Wall Monday - April 15

What's on YOUR design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


The first task on my design wall this week is the first month's blocks for the new Saturday Sampler program at The Pin Cushion (local quilt shop).  This month we'll be making the large blocks in that center area of the picture using the black, grey, and teal.  There were 2 colorways to choose from and the other colorway is using dark brown instead of black, a light brown instead of grey, and a darker teal.  Both colorways are full of rich colors.


I need to attach the binding to one more UFO project, and will work on that this week in the evenings while watching TV.  This was last year's Saturday Sampler - Spooling Around.  I plan to hang this on the wall by my sewing room door once it's done.  


Better Together - or Love Birds as I think of this little wall hanging - is so close to being done.  I keep procrastinating in getting the quilting finished.  The binding is all prepped, and just waiting.  By the end of the week I want this project completely quilted and bound.


My reward to myself IF I finish the Love Birds will be to make this little mini banner.  It's a kit put together by the local quilt shop, The Pin Cushion.  The letters in the banner come from the Spelling Bee book by Lori Holt, which I have. 
 

Another project on my design wall is a tiny project from our Sew Vintage group.  We're exchanging 2.5" strips of pinks and reds among the group to make a strawberry quilt.  Next month we'll exchange some greens.  But our group leader loves tiny things and showed us the version she made using 1" squares ironed onto interfacing, folded on the seam lines, then stitched together.  That teeny tiny little strawberry was adorable and of course I just had to go home and play.  I have several cookie tins full of 1.5" postage stamps cut from scraps, so I just dug into those for the backgrounds, pinks, reds, and greens.  This will be so cute once I've sewn it, although it won't be quite as tiny as Cindy's.

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You have a bunch of fun projects going on, especially love that little strawberry;)

Gretchen Weaver said...

It looks like you have plenty to keep you busy, very cute projects. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

How many Saturday samplers have you done? You must be your LQS's steadiest patron. Have a great week!

Bonnie said...

You have a lot of great projects going on. Here's hoping you can get the binding on Getting Together completely done this week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the strawberry!