Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

A little stash busting for RSC18

Looking through my stash and scrap bins for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge has been an eye opener, in particular for things I had forgotten that I even had. There is a shallow drawer in a rolling craft unit that holds nothing but charm packs. And in the very bottom of that drawer was a small (32) charm pack of "classic Kaffe" and it was all in shades of blue and purple.  And - even more exciting - there were 2 of each charm.  Perfect for those cracker blocks!! 


So, that charm pack has now been cut into sections for more cracker blocks. I will note that this charm pack was cut slightly undersized, and some were a bit crooked. But it worked out. And while I was thinking about blue (January RSC18 color), and purple (February RSC18 color) I kept cutting more purple scraps too.  And then I just had to sew some purple blocks.


These blocks are SO ADDICTIVE!  And now I can keep sewing on these all month to add to the pile of finished blocks.  There are 33 more sets of various colors, cut and ready to go any time I want to work on a few more.

11 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Looks like you won't have any trouble making enough of these blocks for a quilt. 😉 The Kaffe fabrics are gorgeous.

Adventurous Quilter said...

Those blocks are totally adorable 😍

Ramona said...

This is going to be one fun quilt!

Sarah said...

Nice blocks. Don't know this one at all but I like it....a lot!

Ellen said...

What a nice surprise to find that hidden fabric :)

Ivani said...

If I am not wrong these are Cracker blocks, aren't it? You did great with beautiful blues and purples.

Angie said...

I love the Cracker block pattern - yours look great!

scraphappy said...

Isn't it fun when you find great fabrics like those hiding in a drawer. So happy that they could come out to play.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a good idea to cut sets of block parts ahead of time! Find a chunk of time and start sewing!! Such a nice variety of PURPLE blocks completed for this month's RSC.

Cathy said...

That is the perfect use of those fabrics! It was meant to be, because those crackers are so darn cute!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great cracker blocks. I made one of these quits years ago and very much did it in rainbow. I think I quilted it about 19 or 20 yr ago.