Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Design Wall Monday - Grand Adventure

 
Grand Adventure has a bit of progress to show after the weekend. I managed to get 5 more blocks made, and the background squares cut to make 8 more.
 
This is a Missouri Star Quilt Company pattern, but is really a variation on several other traditional and modern quilts. I like the process used for this version, which uses a layer cake plus background squares of the same 10" size. They are sewn into big half square triangles and then sub-cut into strips. Very easy!
 
One variation has the peaks and valleys lined up, but I think I'm going with this staggered variation, which will give the quilt a chevron look. 
 
Check out Design Wall Monday at:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Very pretty! I've seen them done this way and it looks quick and easy.

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! This setting looks great. I had to look closely to see if these were the Christmas fabrics, and was surprised that they were.

Ramona said...

This pattern has been on my list of things to make for a while. It looks great with your fabrics.

Denise said...

This is going to be gorgeous when you are done. I love the earth tones