Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Enough purple for this weekend

Enough purple to last me for the week maybe.  But it's the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for February and I've been playing with the purple scraps.  First I made 1 of the Wishing Ring blocks for the RSC18 Sampler. Cute and fun.  Nice block choice ladies!

The I pulled some purple leftovers from En Provence to use as the background for Olivia's name.  I had bought this pink and the unicorn print with the idea of making her a pillowcase for her birthday in April. But now I'm going to make her a big floor pillow instead. The alphabet patterns are from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book and are so easy to put together.  Next week I'll go see what size pillow forms I can choose from before I go any further. So far it is 21" x 16".  I had promised to make a big pillow for grandson Jack, and now I'm thinking I'll just work on them for each of the kids. We'll see if that really happens.

Next up was making the other 2 Wishing Ring blocks, since the sampler instructions suggest making 3 of each block. These are 10" blocks, and the plan is to have 30 of them in a rainbow of colors made by the end of the year.

I think this last one is actually my favorite of the purple RSC18 blocks.  The batik is so cheerful, plus I love this shade of purple.

And last but not least I made 8 more cracker blocks and 5 more Grand Adventure blocks. 5 of those cracker blocks are also purple.  And the Grand Adventure blocks are Christmas fabrics.  I will share some of those another time.  Not much opportunity to get bored this morning since I just kept switching up what I was working on. But progress made on all of it.

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Wishing Ring is an attractive block and looks fabulous in the fabrics you selected.

Kids ❤️ floor pillows and having their name on it will make it even more of a hit.

Mari said...

Beautiful blocks! A big floor pillow sounds great for a kid. Amanda Jean at crazymomquilts has a tutorial for making your own pillow form in any size you want. Then she could have a giant pillow!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great job on your PURPLE blocks for your Squared Away RSC Sampler!!

scraphappy said...

Great progress this week.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

your wishing ring blocks are gorgeous!