Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Time to sew

This week I've actually had some good time in my sewing room, and I've played with several things.  This morning I made 6 more purple Ritzy Cracker blocks. That is the correct name of the these blocks from Moda Bake Shop.  Then I finished 3 more blocks for Grand Adventure, and stitched 6 more of the big HST from the remaining 10" squares. Those are ready to slice up and sewn into the blocks.

Next, I added the last border on a Valentine table runner that is turning out a lot bigger than I originally planned.  I won 5 blocks from a Saturday Sampler about a year ago. Last month I set 3 of them together with a fun pink Kaffe print. Now this is ready to quilt and bind.

And last I began the cutting process for the most recent Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots project.  I don't have all of the pieces cut and ready to go, but have a good start.  I like to label the pieces for these projects especially when the size is similar to another piece. Raspberry Cocoa is in shades of brown, cream, and rose. It will be very pretty.

There are 2 more browns, a cream, and a lighter rose remaining to be cut. This is a small project, so I'm hoping to have the top done before the next class in 2 weeks. 



2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great projects! Raspberry Cocoa is cute and will be fun to make: I like the fabrics you've cut. The pink table runner is stunning.

Moneik said...

Great projects! I've got valentine's fabric to make a quilt, but will wait to be inspired to make it. Some year I'll want a new one.