Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Patchwork of the Crosses



Yesterday I dropped off some items to be quilted, and I just didn't have the mental energy to sit down at my sewing machine to work on more Grand Adventure blocks or to make binding for the projects being quilted.

So instead I settled onto my sofa with some hand work and watched the Olympics. This is my second Patchwork of the Crosses block. Three more navy sections, and then another round of 8 in a contrasting color. I haven't decided yet what color I'll use on those outer pieces but I have a lot of Civil War type prints in my stash to choose from.

My first block was finished around Thanksgiving, and I had forgotten that I had the pieces cut to do another one. Actually I have pieces cut for 2 more after this, except for the final 8 of each.

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The colors, the fabrics, and the pattern go so well together. Well done!

LA Paylor said...

well, at least you're sewing! I sat and watched the olympics and that's it. Sat. Good for you, this looks so nice.

Moneik said...

I just started a new EPP project with stars. I'm excited to start doing it again.