Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Saturday Sampler in blue



Treasure Hunt is the name of this block for Saturday Sampler this month. My blocks are all made from stash so far, and the color scheme is black and white, with brights mixed in.  I pulled some blues for these blocks.  Both blocks are really the same block, but with the colors moved around. Obviously the first one has more contrast based on color placement but I like both.



I really didn't intend to put the white sections in the same place for both blocks, but it worked out that way after I cut the pieces needed.  So this is how they ended up. I like both blocks, but still may make one more and move the colors around more since I still have scraps left, except for the white.

There are now 10 of these Saturday Sampler blocks and we have a few more months to go. This will be a very BUSY quilt.  The pattern actually has pieced blocks to alternate with these, but I may just set them together with a plain sashing. 



3 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh wow, Sara! These blue blocks are gorgeous. The blue makes the entire block just glow. Love them!

Tired Teacher said...

Your blocks are fantastic and will make a stunning quilt. I don't think it's going to be busy because the black and white gives the eye a place to rest.

PaintedThread said...

Neat blocks! I love the color.