Pages

Monday, February 1, 2021

Design Wall Monday - February 1

 What's on your design wall this morning? I've linked up Design Wall Monday: 
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Well, the UFO Challenge number drawn for February was #2, and there are 3 items on my list for that number.  I'm starting with the easiest one to finish - a Quick Strippee baby quilt that was all cut and ready to finish.  I have the top and bottom rows done, so it won't take long to put the rest of the rows together.    

This is a free pattern from Mary Quilts and the link is below.  I've made several of these as baby gifts including for some of my own grandkids.  It's quick and easy to cut and sew, plus the layout allows a focus fabric to really be the star.  This one has the cutest flamingoes. 

Once this flimsy is done, it will join the pink and grey one with sheep and go to the quilter.  One more is already cut, and that one is red, white, and black with Scottie dogs. https://maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Mary’s Strippee pattern is popular. I’ve loved all of the ones I’ve seen on blogs. I’ve used some of her other patterns to make QOV.

Ramona said...

I love, love, love this fabric! This is going to be so cute. :)

Kate said...

Always wise to start with the simplest and work towards the hardest. You get more done that way. The flamingos are really cute.