Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Prepping for a retreat

I mentioned yesterday that I've been prepping for an upcoming retreat by kitting up some things to save time cutting while at the retreat.  Hopefully I can just sew, sew, sew.
 

So far there are kits for 5 Wisdom blocks.  I'm actually hoping to kit up a couple more of these sometime this week.  


Seven little sets of parts for Blossom Time blocks are now hanging out with the one leftover block from the last time I sewed some of these into "quads".  I need to remember to put some of the 1" sashing and a couple of green cornerstone pieces into that bag too, and then I can come home with 2 more completed quad sections to add to the 10 I've already made.


There are 4 kits for Patriotic Star blocks for our Quilt of Valor group.  


And this is the Jelly Belly Bars kit - still needing some cutting.  I'm thinking that I will just cut that background into the 5 x 10 "bars" for the centers of these blocks, and will cut the jelly roll pieces at the retreat on my smaller mat.  I'm trying to avoid dragging my big cutting mat with me.  I would really like to get this top completely done at the retreat if possible. It's very quick to sew.  It's on my PHD list and my UFO list for this year, although in reality it's probably just a PIG - but not for long. 

Even though the hunting lodge we are meeting at is only about 20 minutes from my house, I definitely don't want to run out of things to work on.  So I also have the stack or Ritzy Cracker blocks ready to go too.  I've sewn most into "two-sies", but need to finish putting them into a completed top.  Ritzy Cracker is also on my PHD and UFO lists for 2021.  

We'll see what else comes to mind before Friday.  I really need some hand work to take along for when I need to step away from the sewing machine for awhile.  

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh those jelly belly fabrics are gorgeous! have fun....so miss going to retreat...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

From my experience, it’s always good to take more projects than you think you can finish. You have prepped a nice variety of blocks.

Preeti said...

You are too organized...(insert eye roll emoji here) But I like all your projects :-) I am sure you will be sewing up a storm at the retreat.

Moneik said...

I love being prepared for retreat with several quilts cut out, but usually I have enough UFO's I don't have to cut much, just pull them out and make sure they are prepped. I do a lot of cutting during my lunch hour at work, so I end up with way more cut than I have time to sew. I do like to make lists of what I am taking and prioritize them so I think about what I can do in a given day. Handwork is always packed too, although I rarely do it.

chrisknits said...

Looks like you will be having so much fun!!! Enjoy

Kate said...

You look pretty prepared to make some really good progress at the retreat this weekend. You've got some fun projects in the works.