Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Unity is complete

 Another UFO can be checked off my list.  Unity - with all of its tiny pieces - is complete!!


Unity is a Bonnie Hunter mystery from summer 2020.  She posted it as a round robin kind of pattern, with a center medallion and several "rounds" added over the weeks.  It was her way of distracting everyone from the pandemic and the political mayhem of the time.   My version is minus the last couple of rounds as it was as large as I wanted it to be.  And I will admit to "hitting a wall" with these colors and the small pieces.  The finished quilt is 52 x 64 which is fine for a sofa quilt.    


The backing is a splatter print in black, white, and grey.  The quilting thread is a variegated with both pink and aqua showing up.  Because it's such a busy quilt I requested some simple quilting knowing it would get lost anyway.  And I used one of the aqua fabrics as my binding.  

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Your Unity quilt is the prettiest one I've seen. I love your fabric colors and the layout you used. Great finish!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a stunning quilt - both front and back! Congratulations on a fabulous finish.

Moneik said...

I love your Unity quilt. It tured out to be so pretty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice finish! I have always liked the colors of this one! Well done!

Kate said...

The colors are so bright and fun with that black background. Congrats on the finish, it turned out beautifully!