Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Pleased As Punch - a finish


Pleased As Punch is a 30" square Simple Whatnots Club 9 project - and it's DONE.  These Kim Diehl projects are about the only projects I've done in the past couple of years that don't contain lots of bright colors.  As most of my readers have probably figured out, I gravitate toward bright happy colors in my quilting most of the time. 

But I also love these darker, rich colors.  And I think this may be one of my favorite Simple Whatnots projects ever.  There is just something about the design of this one that really speaks to me. ADDED NOTE:  these are the actual Kim Diehl fabrics she designed for these quilts, so I didn't choose my own colors.  
 

This was a project that was on both my UFO Challenge list, and also on my PHD (projects half done) list for The Pin Cushion (local quilt shop).  For my 2021 PHD list I chose 12 unfinished projects from the longer UFO list that I really see as a priority to finish.  And this one is my first finish from that priority list. There is another Simple Whatnots on the list too.  

In 2020, for the first time ever, I managed to finish all 12 PHD projects, and those finishes earned me a lovely little stack of "Bonus Bucks" that I can spend in The Pin Cushion.  Thank you Brenda for challenging and rewarding us!!!

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I love this pattern! Is the name of it "Pleased as Punch"? Your fabrics work well with this design. Every once in a while we need to make something with more subdued fabrics. :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful finish! I love the rich muted colors of this little quilt. Congratulations on earning Bonus Bucks for finishing your projects.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh this is really really pretty! the colors are just perfect for it!!

Kate said...

Congrats on a very pretty finish.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love those fabrics! Very pretty!