Pages

Friday, February 12, 2021

Raindrop pillow

 A new project isn't necessarily what I should be working on, but sometimes it's just good for the creative juices to start something new.  And this is a relatively small project as it finishes at 20" square. 


This is a Pillow of the Month kit, and I just picked it up at The Pin Cushion last week.  I had actually forgotten that I did sign up, and after seeing the project online was wishing I had. So it was a pleasant surprise to be able to pick up this kit and know I'm on the list for these. 


This is such a cute and sturdy little box that holds everything needed for the pillow front, backing, and binding the edge.  The box is a keeper - and may be perfect for storing "things" in.  Wonder if each month the box will be a different color?  

This pillow is called Raindrop and the fabrics are all solid colors.  Each of the 18 individual raindrops is paper pieced.  I actually have 9 of them done so far, but hadn't taken the paper off these 6 yet when I photographed them.  And I hadn't trimmed the other 3 raindrops.  Now - on to making the other 9. 

One thing I've decided is to use a smaller stitch length for the remainder of them.  The default stitch length on my Pfaff is 2.5, but I always change it to 2.0 anyway.  However, for these raindrops I'm going to make it even smaller - 1.5 for extra stability when tearing off that paper. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute project and yes a pretty box too! Sometimes we need a new project to perk up a bit! Stay warm:)

Kate said...

A very cute project. Enjoy playing with all those fun colors.