Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

Design Wall Monday - February 15, SAHRR

 What is on your design wall (or floor) this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


This is what has been on my design floor since Saturday night - with various options being auditioned for that Checkerboard round for Round 4 of the Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR).  Hmmm . . . I tried them out with and without any spacing strips.  I tried them in opposite corner from the Plus Signs and Flying Geese.  I tried them on the same corners with those previous rounds. 

Finally I tried them out on both ends.  The end on the right looks wonky in the photograph but it really does lay flat and is the same length as the left.  I have enough of all 3 fabrics to add the same Checkerboard to the long sides too, depending on what seems to look best with whatever comes for the next round.  EDIT: the next round is Wonky Stars.  We'll see if my stars end up wonky or symmetrical. I know what I'm most comfortable with. LOL

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your SAHRR is coming along very well. I like your center block. Does it have a name? I hope you enjoy getting the next round on.

chrisknits said...

Love your thinking here, It looks great!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s beautiful - I like the checker board at the ends.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

It's looking awesome!

Debbie said...

I really like your version.

AnnieO said...

Looking very good! Nice RWB quilt you'll end up with.

Kate said...

Adding to both ends worked really well. Yours is coming together beautifully!

Vivian said...

Nice! I'm really enjoying all the different SAHRR designs. Hope to try one of these at some point.