Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Raindrop pillow of the month

 I finished the Raindrop pillow last night.  And look - 2 YELLOW raindrops to keep that RSC color going strong!!  It's not a scrappy project however - it's a new kit.  But the multi-colors of the raindrops made it feel scrappy.  All of the fabrics are Riley Blake solids for this Pillow of the Month project.  Each of the 18 raindrops is paper pieced and no colors are used twice. The binding and one of the raindrops is a beautiful teal.  


I quilted it slightly different from the pattern, but am still pleased with how it turned out. Since I had most of the day off, sewing seemed to be an ideal activity, considering the temperatures we're currently living with.  That zero degree temperature was at 2:00 PM on a sunny afternoon.  


I've become a wimp.  Just 4 years ago I would have just dressed in warm clothes, gotten into my car, and driven to whatever school I was working in that day.  Just another day!  But since I've been working from home I'm turning into a wimp - and don't even leave the house when it's this cold unless I have to.  And yesterday I didn't have to.  

12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Darling pillow project, Sara, and I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the house in house temperatures!!

Ivani said...

Lovely rainbow drops pillow Sara.
Stay home and keep warm.

scraphappy said...

Not leaving the house unless you have to sounds like a great plan when it is that cold outside. What a cute pillow! It would make a great scrap project too.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’ve become a wimp, too. When I was working, I’d drive in all kinds of weather and road conditions. Now, I wait until the roads are clear before venturing out - much safer that way.

The pillow looks great - so colorful.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Pillow....love all those pretty raindrops.
Have a great day!

grammajudyb said...

Cute pillow! I’m with you, don’t go out if you don’t have to! Wimp here too!

LA Paylor said...

that's so cute!
what's not cute, we're also at 0 degrees today

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your pillow - what a fun project! It definitely changes your perspective when you don't have to go to work in this frigid weather. Before retirement I would have been facing the dreaded indoor recess! I don't miss that!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It turned out real cute! Stay warm! You are a bit warmer than we are...come on spring!

Deb A said...

What a darling pillow! Love the raindrops. Good thing it was not raining outside in 0 degrees..... snow! (from warm Florida where we don't get to see pretty snow).

Kate said...

That was a fast deviation from your usual programming. Very bright and fun project. Congrats on the finish. We all need something sunny and bright to counter the dreary and cold. Stay warm!

Kathy S. said...

Such a cute kit!