Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

Focusing on yellow

My yellow scrap bin wasn't overflowing like some of the other colors, and the stash drawer with yellow isn't as full either.  But there is still plenty to choose from.  And I have a good start on my February RSC blocks.   


"Home Is . . ." is a Pat Sloan block that she shared as part of one of her Sew Alongs this winter.  I love the house block with the little heart coming out of the chimney.  So far the only other block from that series that I might make is a courthouse steps with a cat or dog silhouette appliqued.  I could use all of RSC colors in the steps to make it kind of a centerpiece to mix in with the house blocks.  

And of course more Ohio Star blocks had to happen.  I like making these blocks so much that I'm thinking instead of just making a few to enlarge the existing flimsy, maybe I'll just make a second quilt.  The first one is a great size already for a large couch throw or child's quilt - approximately 50 x 60.  


So, this UFO will be finished at this size and I'll focus on making enough blocks to make a second quilt. These will be good donation quilts. 

3 comments:

Nann said...

What a nice array of sunny yellow! The Ohio Star flimsy looks great -- I like the dark-background blocks sprinkled among the light-background ones.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love the yellow! So bright and cheerful! I see you are getting lots done after you cleaned off your work area! Stay warm!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Yellow is such a “happy” color. Love the blocks you made and the Ohio Star quilt top.