Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Paper piecing



It's been a week since I last posted and up until today that hasn't been much to share. Work gets in the way of fun these days.

But this afternoon I finally got back into my sewing room for a couple of hours of play. I finished up the paper pieced blocks sections for this one. It's only 12" square so you can picture the size of all those little pieces. I have it sandwiched and pinned so it's ready to hand quilt. This was a UFO and it was the one I decided to pull out for February.

Our guild is doing a scrap challenge this year, and we are being challenged this month to do something with pink - work on a pink UFO, make something new - whatever we choose. This has plenty of pink in it so this is the UFO I'm choosing.  I also have a new pink project I want to make, but I'm not sure I'll get that started yet this month.

3 comments:

T said...

Stunning! Do you have a pattern? Can you make it available? Must the outer border be paper pieced?

Tired Teacher said...

Love the colors in this gorgeous piece. Only 12"? I wouldn't have the patience to work with such tiny pieces.

Sara said...

This is from the book Little Gems by Connie Kaufman. I found it on Amazon. The whole 12" quilt is paper pieced but I'm sure it could be done with regular piecing if you wanted to do the math.