Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday stash report - Feb 7

It was a slow week in terms of sewing. I bought a kit for (and made) a fabric snowflake that's now hanging in my sewing room, and I made a table topper for a guild donation project.  I also dropped off my Cottage in the Woods quilt to be quilted. And I hemmed up a new pair of slacks - does that count as sewing since I used a needle and thread? The first half of the month of February will probably be a little bleak in terms of sewing/quilting because my work schedule won't leave me much time except for maybe a little handwork.

I've corrected my "out" number this week after double checking the spreadsheet I keep. And yes, I must admit I'm so anal that I keep a spreadsheet. Now you know what a nerd I really am.

In this week: .5 yds
In this year: 5.5 yds
Out this week: 1.5 yds
Out this year: 18 yds

My stash is not winning so far this year. I'm realistic enough to know that I'll be buying more fabric but it's fun to be ahead for a little while. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I hope to keep my fabric purchases restricted to backings this year.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

As a math teacher by degree (and married to an engineer) I give you a big thumbs up for the spreadsheet!! :)

Moneik said...

I have a spreadsheet too!