Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday - chevrons

I've started another baby quilt. This one will go to a niece in Australia for the baby girl due soon.

I have been looking at several different patterns for making a chevron, but finally decided on this one using simple half square triangles. My friend Pam made a teal and grey chevron quilt for a niece and when I saw how cute it turned out, I knew I would use the same method.

These started out with 6" squares so this top should come together fairly quickly. And I'm hoping for some sewing time in the evenings this week. I have a binding to finish this week too.

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at http://www.patchworktimes.com so check out what other quilters are working on today.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Love the chevron pattern and the colors! Great job.

Tired Teacher said...

Fabulous start, and the colors are great, too.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Great colors! Yes, there are tons of ways to make a chevron quilt, but HSTs are still one of my favorites. This looks fun!