Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Perfect cat nap spot


I had Monday off and managed to get the binding added to this quilt and also finished a paper pieced mini quilt. I even hand quilted the mini that evening. Anyway I dropped the quilt on the floor by my chair so I could start trimming and then do the hand stitching on the binding. The cat claimed it immediately.

And for the past couple of nights that is where he has been sleeping - a good spot to guard me while I sleep on the sofa. I woke up before midnight Monday night - sick as a dog. Guess I have the flu, so I've been sleeping in the family room. And sleep is exactly what I did for most of yesterday. 

The quilt is still on the floor and when the cat isn't curled up in the quilt pile, then he's snuggled next to me on the sofa. I'm a big wimp when it comes to being sick but I have eaten some toast today and except for the aches and headache I feel like I'm on the mend again. And the cat is happy because I haven't moved (or folded up) his napping spot.

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I am so sorry to read you caught the flu! I hope you start feeling better soon. In the meantime, your cat is no dummy. LOL Beautiful quilt!

Tired Teacher said...

Sending good wishes For a speedy recovery. The quilt is lovely: I can see why the cat has claimed it.

Linda said...

I had the same thing happen to me this week. I saw you on Saturday. I was down Tuesday and Wednesday. I love the quilt.

Sara said...

Which one of us carried "the bug" do you suppose? Or was it someone else we both saw?