Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Back in my happy place

 It was only for about 45 minutes yesterday, but I was able to spend some time at my sewing machine again after 2 weeks.  The stair navigation is pain free - just slow and careful.  Sitting at my machine, with leaning forward slightly was more uncomfortable.  But it was so good to be there for a little while.


Block #10 for Saturday Sampler is a really quick and easy block.  The Christmas version block is done, except for the pieced sashing.  I'll get that sashing done this week I'm sure.


I also cut the pieces for the batik version block.  This one will hopefully be sewn later today when I get home from my first follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon.  

Baby steps!  But they are all FORWARD, so I feel blessed.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Slow and steady steps forward is a good thing. The block looks great.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you! Be extra careful on the stairs! I am sure sitting and sewing will get easier everyday:)