Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Quilt of Valor blocks

 This is the weekend of my 50th class reunion!  How did I get so old?  We're on the road to my hometown in Minnesota.  I grew up in a "Leave It To Beaver/Father Knows Best" kind of small town - in the 50s and 60s and 70s.  And I attended school from kindergarten through graduation with some of the same people I'll see this weekend. 


Last weekend, I cut the parts for 18 of these Beads blocks for our Quilt of Valor group's newest block drive.  I sewed them easily this week, because block takes about 5 minutes to make.  And then I cut out and sewed 2 more for an even 20.  


Our QOV group will hopefully end up with enough of these blocks for 2 or 3 quilt tops. It takes 41 for each quilt in the layout we plan to use, which is on-point in vertical rows like a string of beads.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

is the old town still the same and still a nice Leave it to Beaver town or has it changed a lot - I never kept up with the people or did the reunions from where I went in Wisconsin I graduated in 1970 - left shortly after graduation and as the family moved around the same time I never went back

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice collection of blocks. I haven’t made any with that pattern, but it’s on my list. My class had ten students many of which attended all twelve years together. I haven’t been to a reunion in years.

Moneik said...

Enjoy your hometown and class reunion. I'll celebrate 25 next year, but we're going back for the celebration next weekend. The kids will participate in their 4-H activities.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty blocks! Have a great class reunion!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So pretty!!!