Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2022

First orange week in the books

As you read this, I'm definitely NOT in my sewing room.  Instead I'm hanging out in my home state of Minnesota - visiting family I haven't seen since "before Covid" and attending my 50th class reunion.  A fun-filled weekend and I'll try to share more next week.


As this was the first week of August with a new RSC color, my thoughts turned from purple to orange.  I had pulled out a whole stack of orange chunks from the stash, and one of the first things I made was this elephant.  You know how sometimes it's difficult to place a fabric into a really specific color category.  This floral print in the orange drawer is one of those.  Is it orange? Is it peach or coral? Is it pink?  Well, apparently I can't decide.  


And apparently I had thought it was PINK a few months ago, because I made an elephant in May with this same fabric thinking it was pink.  And why did I put the leftover chunk back into the orange drawer instead of the pink one?  Anyway, now there are 2 of them - fraternal twins.  The only thing different is the background.  


The first 2 (of 5) Falling in Love blocks in orange are done.  Maybe I'll get the other 3 sewn tomorrow, or maybe they'll have to wait until later in the month.  Since they are cut out already it shouldn't take long to sew them.   

Check out more RSC fun . . .

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I hope you enjoyed your time with family and your reunion. Your orange blocks will make a great addition to your pile.... even the twin elephant. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sometimes lighting makes a big difference is colors! Cute elephants!! I hope you are having a blast at your reunion!

Anonymous said...

I love those hearts. ~~Kathy S.

Jenny said...

Enjoy your time away with family and friends. It's always nice to see another elephant.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have a floral pinkish-orange that's like that, too - I can't always tell either! Hope you're having a great weekend!