Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Home Sweet Home - a QOV finish

Home Sweet Home is finally finished.  It's a Quilt of Valor that I made this summer. The binding was finally finished on Sunday while I watched golf on TV.


This is one of the 5 quilts I had prepped and ready for hand stitching binding before getting my hip replaced on August 8.  I wanted to make sure I had plenty of hand work to keep me occupied until I could navigate the stairs down to my sewing room.  It took me almost 2 weeks to get this binding done.  My husband commented over the weekend that because I took a lot of naps the first couple of weeks that time really didn't count. Maybe he's right. LOL.  And I’ll admit that once I started going down to my sewing room this past week, it was easy to just forget about binding.  

The pattern and fabric for this quilt was part of one of The Fat Quarter Shop's Sew Sampler boxes.  I had the background and grey sashing in my stash, so it was a quick project.  The blocks were fun and I've saved the pattern for possible future QOV projects.  I'm donating this one to our QOV group for presentations coming up this fall. 

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

A great finish and I am sure QOV will really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, your followers are glad you are feeling better.
Congratulations on one of the most beautiful QOV quilts I have seen. The recipient is a lucky person!
I connect with your blog. Thank you for writing it.
May you be 100% very soon.
Sharon M

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Another beautiful finish. Having handwork for your recovery downtime makes it more satisfying to sit and rest a bit and allow the body to heal.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful!!

Jocelyn said...

The quilt is beautiful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one is SO pretty!!! Love the design!!

woolyjooly said...

Wow, Sara. You've really outdone yourself. What a gorgeous QOV and congrats on fininshing it between naps. LOVE It!