Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Tulip Time is a flimsy

 After auditioning quite a few border options, both from my stash and at the quilt shop, I chose a really lush green batik.  It had the "leafy" feel to it that I was looking for, and the colors work well.  It isn't actual leaf shapes but had the feel of a botanical.  This quilt is turning out just as nicely as I have been hoping as I gradually made blocks each month the past couple of years.


Adding borders - or binding - to a really BIG quilt is not my favorite thing to do.  I really need more table space to the left of my sewing machine to hold the weight of the quilt.  So I end up pulling my ironing board over to add more space, and it works.  


This flimsy is 96" square and should look great on my queen size bed all spring and summer.  Hopefully it won't take me until next spring to get this one quilted and bound.  

Next step is to find something pretty for the backing.  I had a backing fabric purchased well over a year ago for this one, but it isn't enough and I just don't want to piece a back.  So that fabric is going into the drawer holding yardage for backs and backgrounds. It will get used for something fun in the future.

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

absolutely perfect border! a very pretty quilt...have to say the blocks themselves do not appeal to me, but put together with the sashing and borders makes it zing...

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love your quilt, so beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is a pretty quilt and the green suits it really well

Vicki in MN said...

Oh that is indeed the perfect backing which goes so nicely with your little green border too.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! It will be a perfect spring and summer quilt. I struggle working with large quilts at my machine, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Perfect border fabric, it will be so pretty on your bed!