Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Autumn themed scraps

Hmmm . . . hiding in a bin under the table in my sewing room was this big bag full of autumn fabrics, and even a few blocks.  I knew that I had pulled together some fall prints a few years ago for a possible project but had no idea where that fabric might have ended up.  And I didn't make whatever project I was planning at the time.  Maybe I quit after making these blocks.


Now the lost is found.  There were 5 Garlic Knot blocks pinned together, and the squares for another sitting in the top of this bag.  And the bag is really stuffed FULL and packed tight.  

So when I get home next week, and once Thanksgiving is over, this bag will get some attention.  Maybe there will be a pretty new autumn quilt happening over the winter.  Or maybe much of this will end up back in the bin under the table.  Either way, it will be fun to play with those newly discovered scraps.  

 I'm linking up with RSC this weekend . . . and hopefully I can get my link actually saved to the linky party as my iPad doesn't always cooperate. 

https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got a plan for next week. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do, new quilt or scrap clean up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was going to make Garlic Knots once and never got around to it - now I have so many quilt tops in the works I won't even think of making anything new for awhile before I have some finishes - Have a good holiday

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting patterns I see why it is called Garlic Knots :) Have fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Garlic Knots in fall fabrics sound like fun! I've got them on my list for a future RSC quilt, too. Happy Thanksgiving, Sara!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's always fun to play with scraps. I know I have a small pile of Garlic Knots that were made that never ended up in a project. I need a ton more to make them worth while. We shall see... Happy playing! ~~Kathy S.

Yvonne said...

Oh! Garlic Knots! I made a scrappy GK quilt a few years ago - totally one of the most fun blocks to make. I would so love to see one made in Autumnal colours.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Even just a table topper would be SEW lovely, Sara! Sounds like you have the makings for a fast finish with the blocks you found. Especially if you aren't prepared to commit to a full quilt! After all...the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge IS coming up next weekend. :o))

Mari said...

Nice find! I vote that you do whatever will finish something up so the blocks don't go back in a box. A table topper would be lovely!

scraphappy said...

Having a new again project to work on again sounds like something to look forward to after the holiday passes