Pages

Friday, November 4, 2022

Getting carried away with Sewcialites 2

The third block in the Sewcialites 2 sew-along will be posted today, and I'm eager to add to my little collection of blocks.  In all the sizes - 3", 6", and 9" finished.  These are making a great break from all the applique I've been doing.


These tiny red and white versions of the first 2 blocks are the 3" ones.  Red and white was my original plan for the littlest ones.  But then I had the black and bright scraps laying there and I couldn't resist.  But I kept thinking about the red and white so . . . here they are.


Proving that I've probably lost any good sense that I may have possessed, here are all 4 versions of Sewcialites 2 Block #1.  At first I was only going to do the 6" ones using some deeply colored batiks in the stash.  Then I decided to do the 9" ones using up some of the green scraps that are overflowing.  And then those 3" blocks happened too. 

And here are all 4 versions of Block #2.  Can't wait to work on Block #3, in all 4 colorways.  Just call me CRAZY!

9 comments:

Kate said...

You've got some great color themes going with these blocks. I can't decide if I like the red and white the most or if the brights with black is my favorite.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...



pretty blocks - I just never get into sew alongs I have so much going on that I can't fit in one more thing lol

Jeanna said...

Awe those look like CRAZY fun! Your red & white 3" is great!

Jan said...

These are so lovely, especially that bright yellow block.

woolyjooly said...

Okay: YOU'RE CRAZY! CRAZY creative!!

woolyjooly said...

Okay: YOU'RE CRAZY!!
CRAZY Creative . .

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute blocks I have to laugh at you being possessed!

Preeti said...

I don't know if you are crazy but working with tiny pieces over and over again makes me think you may be a glutton for punishment. Give me big blocks any day. But I do love all your blocks. The bright fabrics on black background sure pops!!!

Chantal said...

Hey, Crazy, you are doing great! Love the web you're spinning around you. It will be awesome in the end, I can feel it. Enjoy! ;^)