Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Red and white possibilities

If you wait long enough, some abandoned projects get new life. 


The red and white house block was the beginning of the Stay At Home Round Robin from last year.  I didn't get very far on that online sew-along.  Each week a new designer challenged the group to add either a whole "round" or elements with specific instructions - like diamonds.  I started with that pieced schoolhouse block, added the border with diamonds - and then it just fell by the wayside.

It's been hanging on my design wall in the sewing room along with some other orphan blocks for months with no plan.  Suddenly over the weekend, I had this lightbulb moment - I could use the 3.5" red and white Sewcialites2 blocks WITH the schoolhouse block.  I have no firm idea what it will become, but there is a whisper of a plan at least. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great idea! This is going to be a fun project to watch.

Kate said...

Looks like you've got a good start. I always struggle what to do with sampler blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The diamonds are an awesome touch!