Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Switching from fall to Christmas

Swapping out the fall decorations for Christmas is partially done.


On Sunday all of the stockings were hung from the mantle, lights and some of the ornaments were added to the tree.  Somehow those fall flowers just don't fit in.  I have this big pot on the hearth and change out the flowers for different seasons.  Guess it's time to turn this into a poinsettia pot. 

It was easier to decorate an 8' Christmas tree when I was younger.  I have a huge collection of ornaments collected over my entire life.  My mom gave me a new ornament every year, and I've continued that tradition with my kids, and now my grandkids.  And I add at least one new one for myself each year.  Even an 8' tree can't hold them all.  

So I work on it for awhile, then take a break to do something else before going back to work on it more.  It won't feel like the holiday season until that tree is done and the rest of the house is decorated.  It's the only season I go overboard with decorations.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't put up near as many decorations as I used to but yes it doesn't feel like xmas is on the way until the decorations go up

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun decorating! :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I have a collection of ornaments - many odd bits picked up on trips over the years. Since I moved, my tree has decreased in size, so many of my ornaments are no longer displayed, but they still hold wonderful memories.

ChrisDeeCaregeiver @gmail.com said...

I too have had to down size my tree in recent years and instead of keeping all my ornaments in their storage boxes, I decided I'm going to display some of them in several of my crystal bowls and baskets.