Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November goals

Oops!  I got sidetracked and forgot to actually hit the Publish button on this post.  

After months of having little or nothing on my calendar most days, November is shaping up to be very busy.  College basketball season is beginning tomorrow, some Quilts of Valor will be presented at a couple of different events, there is some family time for Thanksgiving, and a week-long trip is planned.  That means I either need to get better organized, or should not plan quite so many projects to work on.  However - I've decided that ANY progress this month on UFOs or some of the WIPS will be OK.  No pressure to finish anything!!


I had this quilt on my list of November goals, but then got the binding done on Happy Cats while watching football on TV last weekend.  SDSU Jackrabbit football (homecoming) on Saturday afternoon, and Vikings football on Sunday.  So I guess I have one thing checked off my list already.  The Happy Block pattern is a freebie from MaryQuilts website, and it is great for showing off a fun focus fabric - or an I-Spy project.  I used 6" squares for this one rather than charms. 


The APQ UFO Challenge chose #10 for this month.  One of my #10 projects is the Windmill, so this one will go to the quilter next along with the Hello Birdie flimsy. 

  • On-going BOM type projects
    • Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along (Sew Vintage/Lori Holt)
    • Sewcialities 2 (Fat Quarter Shop)
    • Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks
    • a new Saturday Sampler to plan for? 
  • Quilting and/or Binding 
    • bind Happy Cats quilt - DONE
    • Colorful Windmills
    • Hello Birdie
  • UFOs & WIPs - ANY progress is good!
    • Humble Homes - 2 of 5 rows done
    • Country Bunnies - no layout plan YET
    • R/W/B Twinkle Stars (needs more blocks)
    • Friendship Squares (needs more blocks)
    • Falling In Love (needs sashing)
  • NEW projects
    • 5 pillowcases for grandkids
    • Pick a PIG (something purchased but not started)
    • clean up the sewing room!!!

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Any progress is good! I can finally concentrate on inside stuff rather than outside and from the sounds of our weather coming up that is a good thing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have quite a list! I do not know what we are doing for Thanksgiving this year - maybe nothing!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty quilts. My productivity has completely stalled and it doesn’t seem to bother me. I’m enjoying lazy days filled with reading.

Kate said...

Sometimes we just have to be happy with progress whatever it is for a given period. Good luck with your plans for November. Wishing you lots of progress!

Jeanna said...

It looks like you are well organized for this month. I look forward to following your progress.