Pages

Monday, October 31, 2022

Design Wall Monday - October 31

Happy Halloween!  

What is on my design wall today - besides binding another quilt?  


One of the projects on my design wall is Humble Homes, and it's beginning to take shape after being on the UFO list for a few years. Can I get another row done this week?  The trees are pinned onto Row 3, and the houses are ironed on.  Hmmm . . . so far so good.  


Hello Birdie is getting close as well.  The blocks are all made, and now I need to get them sewn into rows.  That should happen by the end of the week.  


The Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along starts today.  Not that I need another project to work on, but it's hard to resist Lori Holt projects.  I have the book already, so why not, right?  Bonus - some of our Sew Vintage members will work on this sew-along, and that just adds more fun.  And the 30s stash hasn't shrunk much, so that might be the plan. Check it out at: 


The Sewcialites 2 (Fat Quarter Shop) sew-along has posted 2 blocks so far.  They come out on Fridays, and so far I've kept up.  The second block is called Tussy Mussy (by Susan Ache).  It's pretty much an old traditional block called Nosegay.  Thank goodness for my little design board, because it came in handy keeping the colors in the right spots.  It really helps to lay the pieces onto the design board in their proper positions before sewing. Then each section goes back onto the board in the right position as I work on them. 

What's on your design wall today?  
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 
 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thank you so much for showing that quilt book - I got it before we went on vacation at the end of September and put it on the shelf above the sewing machine and kind of forgot all about it! I need to get it back out and start to look through it. The rest of this year though is for finishing up some projects and next year to take a little step back and take my time with things and think more before I jump into projects

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE the birdie quilt, happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your Humble Homes - that is going to be really pretty! and your Hello birdie is so colorful and happy!
You can do it - and of course! its time to start a sew a long!!!

Nann said...

The houses are fused applique as well as the trees? You are so good at tuning into all the sew-alongs!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Birdie quilt is too sweet! Congrats on finishing two rows of the houses and trees

Bonnie said...

Those cute little birdies called to me. (Sorry, I'm not going to listen to those little tweets!) Humble Homes looks good. I like the mixture of trees and homes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tussy mussy is a very pretty quilt square!! I see more of that in your future! The birds are sure cute!