Pages

Friday, October 21, 2022

A little Halloween decorating

 This year I have put fewer decorations out for Halloween, but I do love the ones I've used.


Boo Buddies is hanging in the living room from the quilt rack on the wall.  It does make me smile when I walk by with those funny little faces peeking in the window. 


A black cat 60 degree runner is on the dining room table.  I have 3 other Halloween themed 60 degree runners, not to mention a couple more runners from other patterns - but this was the only Halloween one I put out this year.  Except for one small square one in the kitchen.


Next week I'll probably hang the big witch's hat door quilt out on my front door.  It blocks all the light so I usually wait to hang it just before Halloween.  I had to look back in my blog to see how old this is and found that I made this in 2012.  


The living room fireplace hearth has a big pot of silk autumn flowers, and a little Halloween mini quilt sitting at the other end.  


The treadle machine is decorated more generically for autumn.  That metal pumpkin is actually sitting on top of a small antique suitcase.  The little suitcase is full of old photos my brother-in-law brought me to scan for the family.  Since it was lying around, I decided it looked good as part of the décor. 

5 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun holiday décor. How can it be almost Halloween? It just doesn't seem possible.

Vicki in MN said...

You have such a detailed treadle, fantastic. I love that you are using the little suitcase as part of your decor! The little Jack on your hearth is so sweet, I made one of those a few years back. I have not seen the witch hat hanging before, he'll be perfect on your door.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you go all out for Halloween - for me it is mainly the ceramic pumpkins and one pottery skeleton that my daughter picked up in Mexico

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty displays! The new wall hanging is a fun one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your sewing machine has great carved detail!! What a treasure! You have decorated so nicely!