Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Tuesday To Do list

The final block (#12) of this year's Saturday Sampler was possibly the hardest one to make.  The section with the green fabric was just a bit tricky.  So far I've only made the Christmas version of the block, but will get the other 2 done later this week most likely.


My main goal for this week with this version is to get the rows assembled, and ready to attach some borders.  One border will be a continuation of that pieced sashing.  I did pick up a Christmas-y print with a touch of grey in with the greens and reds for a final border. 


The baby quilt churn dash blocks are all made as well - and I put away the leftovers so I wouldn't be tempted to immediately make more of them.  The pink one with llamas, and the aqua one with cactus will go into my own quilt and the other 2 will go to guild for our donation baby quilts.  Hopefully I'll get my 12 blocks sewn into a top this week along with the sampler ones. 
 

And I'm happy to report that I finally wrestled that big Tulip Time quilt and have the binding attached. Hand stitching it will be an evening pass time this week.  

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The Christmas block does look challenging. The churn dash blocks are so cute, they'll make wonderful crib quilts. Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that Christmas block

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a unique Christmas block! I love it!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The block construction looks interesting and more than a bit tricky. It is a pretty block.