Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - last Saturday of October

One more quilt top is finished from my collection of RSC blocks.  This is Windmill, and it's the 3rd one I've made in 2022 with this block.  The first 2 were more controlled scrappiness, with lighter colors.  This one is totally scrappy with no white or cream backgrounds anywhere.  

This will most likely be another donation quilt, and it's about 45 x 56, so a good size for a child.  The blocks were made from the scrap bin and from the "orphan charm square" box.  Each block just needs 2 charms of each color.  


And yes, I've jumped onto the Sewcialites 2 bandwagon and made Block #1 - twice.  I'm really weak when it comes to the squirrels that cross my path.  I am making the 6" version of these blocks from my stash of batiks, and will hopefully keep up with the 1 block per week of this Fat Quarter Shop free sew-along. Today is the day for the release of Block #2.  Yay! I'm going to make some of the 9" versions using the overflowing bin of green that is out of control.  I've never made an all green quilt before.  Note: I did fix the wonky bottom right corner that was pressed badly.


And it shouldn't surprise anyone that I couldn't resist making at least one stash buster block from the Border Creek Station link I shared the other day.  Totally made from scraps, and it is obviously an easy block to make since it's just squares and rectangles.  I'm sure there will be more of these in future RSC playing but for now it's hanging in the closet with the instructions - in the "block collection zone".  


The Falling In Love blocks are all sewn into sets of 4, so I can work on sashing those as part of my November goals.  Most likely it will become another donation quilt.   

What is happening in the rest of the RSC world today?

8 comments:

Kate said...

You've got some very fun scrappy projects in the works. Happy stitching this weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

squares and rectangles make good scrappy quilts!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Wow, you sure are prolific. So many different combinations of scraps and blocks. What a treat for the lucky recipients.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your happy and scrappy windmill top, Sara! Sounds like fun to join in with a QAL if you want to - why not?! I made one small all green quilt, and it's actually still a favorite of mine. I bet you'll like yours, too. Love the way you're putting the Falling in Love blocks together!

Jenny said...

I love that windmill block, must give that a try, I've been given plenty of squares. Perfect for RSC donation quilts.

Vicki in MN said...

So you started something new, hehe, so did I-using my crossed canoes die just for fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love that cheerful yellow block!

Ivani said...

Love your happy and bright scrap windmill quilt, Sarah!
All the other blocks look beautiful and if you had fun sewing them, that is what matter.