Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Humble Homes - Trees

The first grove of trees for Humble Homes is blanket stitched.   


These are so "shaggy" with strings along the edges because they had been laser cut for the kit without any fusible or stabilizer on them.  So once they were blanket stitched along the edge - carefully - then I used a very sharp curved blade scissors to trim away the little fringes. 

One more grove of trees to do in this row, and then I'll switch to the blue/grey thread and blanket stitch the 3 houses in that row.  I have to work today (monthly budget updates), so we'll see if I have the energy to get any more of this accomplished.  If not, there is always Friday.  LOL

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like you got a really good start on this project. Hope you have energy after dealing with budget reports. Anything to do with budgets is just not my thing at all. Even the idea of dealing with budgets makes me tired!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

work gets in the way doesn't it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your stitches are just perfect! :)