Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2022

More Humble Homes progress

Another row for Humble Homes is in progress.  I've gone back and forth this week, working on the applique for this project and then switching to other piecing when I get tired of it.  


My patience with applique is directly connected to how fussy or complicated it is.  This row will have 2 houses and 3 groves of trees and those trees are fussy.  The first row I made has the reverse of that - 3 houses, and 2 groves of trees, so it went more quickly. 


I called that first one Row 1, but it will actually be Row 2.  And this new one will now be Row 1.  It won't matter as long as the 5 rows are alternated.  The main reason I'm switching them has to do with the background fabrics.  I actually have 2 different but very similar backgrounds, and planned to alternate them.  Turns out I started with the background with only 2 strips instead of 3 strips.  It won't matter in the end, as long as they are alternated.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so this is a row by row quilt pattern? I'm wondering what the other rows will be

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Stitch by stitch you’ll master the fussy trees.

Vicki in MN said...

You have the right idea to do little bits at a time so it doens't become such a chore you don't enjoy any of it.