Pages

Friday, October 28, 2022

In between applique

 I mentioned the other day that my patience with applique is directly related to how "fussy" the shapes are, and those trees are fussy.  So I need to work on something different in between the blanket stitching sessions.  Three projects have been happening "in between" this week.  

One Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt top was completed - which I'll show tomorrow.  

The red/white/blue Twinkle Star blocks are continuing to add up.  Generally I cut the pieces for 3-5 of these, and then sew them as I have time.  The photo below is kind of washed out, but I currently have these laid out on floor to play with.  Two more rows, plus filling that partial row, and it will be big enough for a Quilt of Valor.  One border will probably be added as well.


A couple more Hello Birdie blocks and the alternating chain blocks have been added. These are also adding up nicely.  I think 3 more birds and 3 more chains will finish this one up.  

There isn't any rush for either of these projects so the blocks will just continue to collect as I'm in the mood to sew something different - in between that applique project.    

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am enjoying watching what prints you choose for bird blocks each time you bring these out to play with.

Kate said...

I really like your patriotic twinkle star blocks. That will make a wonderful quilt of valor. The birdies are fun too. Hope you get in lots of stitching time this weekend. Hard to believe we are just about out of October!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Twinkle Stars will make a fantastic QOV!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those Twinkle blocks are really cool!!!

Jenny said...

Hello Birdies, you really are the sweetest little things!

cityquilter grace said...

both pretty projects...love RWB combos!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute birds! Try a color fade with the red/white/ blue blocks...with the background fabrics starting light and getting darker!