Pages

Friday, October 7, 2022

Hello Birdie

Hello Birdie is a Pat Sloan design that came out last winter.  At first I just played with the bird pattern because I thought it was so cute.  The first one was from batiks.


That bird is so cute, and it spurred the idea to use this pattern for our monthly challenge for Sew Vintage.  We're focusing on scrappy projects, but are also given a new color each month to play with. 


Because it's for Sew Vintage I decided to use my stash of 30s prints for the birds.  The color in this picture isn't the best, but these are so bright.  Happy scrappy blocks!


The original pattern had the bird blocks alternated with a chain block of the same size, and I had cut the parts for 5 of them.  My brain was telling me that if I didn't like them with the birds, then they could be used in something else.  But I do like them, and now have a chain block for each bird.  


Here we go . . . a mix of birds and chains.  Since these are only 8" finished blocks, I'll definitely need to keep making both the chains and the birds in the next few months.  I think this could make a really cute baby quilt.  


6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

cute indeed!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The birds and chains are going to make such a cute quilt! Happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

Tweet, tweet-adorable!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fabulous! I love the birds and the layout.

Diana said...

Stopping by from Connie's blog (Far Side of Fifty). I absolutely love the birdie pattern... it will look especially good with the other blocks! I can tell how great the colors are just fine. I'll be back to visit more! Blessings to you!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So cute! It will be a wonderful baby quilt!