Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Weekly progress

The view from my desk is turning more golden.  When I look out this window the nearest tree is this type of birch.  It turns gold but doesn't drop it's leaves until much later in the season.  Toward the right side I can see branches from a maple, and toward the left are the naked branches of an ash.  Those ash leaves all fell in a 2 day period.  The maple is looking more brown than its' normal red, possibly because we had a hard freeze before it started changing color. 



Not the best photo, but I am excited to have Row 1 of Humble Homes all blanket stitched and pressed.  It's ready for a green bottom strip that will separate it from Row 2.  Next step is to measure and pin all of the trees and houses on that second row so I can start that blanket stitching.


It's always nice to check off another finish.  Bee Patriotic was a Lori Holt sew-along a couple of years ago.  At the time, I had just finished a Quilt of Valor, so decided to make a smaller version of the blocks and to use something other than red, white, and blue. 


I've had the flimsy done for a couple of years but couldn't decide if I wanted to make it into a floor pillow or wall hanging.  It's about 30" square.  I finally decided on wall hanging or table topper, and had it quilted at The Pin Cushion.  Becki did this Baptist Fan on it and I love it.   The binding is actually just scraps from that border - which was leftover from a previous quilt backing.  

Stay tuned for another quilt top finish this week, because I'm optimistic that will happen.

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Your house row is gorgeous! Will the houses be all the same color family throughout?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty tree! The tree I see from my sewing room window is still green - it turns late in the fall and will get a lot of yellow/red leafs on it in another couple weeks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You still have leaves! That is one pretty table topper with the different squares!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Oooh, the Baptist Fans look super! Great job on the house/tree row: you’ll have it finished before you know it. Nearly all the trees are bare outside my sewing room window.