Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

Design Wall Monday - planning ahead

 I'm in planning mode this morning instead of quilting mode.  My sewing room needs some reorganization, and I'm still working toward some end of the year finishes.  As a list-maker, I am working on a plan to keep some focus.


Keeping up with a couple of sew-along projects is pretty high priority.  I finished the 3.5" red and white Empower block for Sewcialites 2.  That means I'm up-to-date with all of the versions of all 5 blocks so far - until the next block is posted on Friday.


I'm not so sure the upper left section of this Empower block had the best fabric choice. There was too much white to use it in such tiny pieces.  But it's staying as is.  


The Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along block for last week is half made.  So my goal this morning is to finish this block and make the one for this week.  Then I'll be up-to-date on this one.

My list of goals for this week:

** finish Scrappiness blocks for weeks 5 and 6
** clean up ONE area of sewing room
** finish quilt top for Nanci's Stars quilt
** work on Row 4 applique (houses & trees) for Humble Homes.  I've neglected this for a couple of weeks to play with other projects. Time to finish this up!

What's on YOUR design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/




6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are a lot of pieces in such small blocks are you pressing your seams open to keep the blocks flat?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great blocks!! I wonder if the more blocks go around that Empower block the more red it will draw out? and your scrappiness is happiness block - I love that one!!!

Nann said...

The red-and-white combo is so snappy! (But what little pieces/blocks!) Hope you'll have a pleasant last-few-days-of-November.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Red and white quilts are so pretty. I think yours is going to be a beauty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am still working on my red and white Nordic afghan....so I really like your red and white blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

Who is doing the Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along? I kinda like that block;)