Pages

Monday, January 23, 2023

Design Wall Monday - catching up

After a week away, it felt so good to spend several productive hours in my sewing room on Sunday.  I managed to get both the 9” and 6” versions of the Sewcialites block #11 and #12.

We’ve reached the halfway point, and it’s really fun to see these blocks come together.


I haven't decided yet whether to use the layout provided with the Sewcialites 2 patterns, or come up with something different.  But I am pretty pleased with most of these batik blocks in the 6" size.

The 9" blocks are the ones I'm making in greens and cream.  Totally scrappy.  And so far, these might be my favorites. 



I also made the first block for the new Saturday Sampler program, and cut out the 3” blocks for Sewcialites.  I’m still behind in the Scrappiness Is Happiness blocks, and didn’t play with any blue on Sunday for RSC. But it’s a good start on catching up this week. This 12" block is called Going In Circles, and is simply made with Flying Geese.

I couldn't just throw away the triangles trimmed from those Flying Geese, so I sewed them into hourglass blocks.  These may end up on the back of the quilt.

I’m linking up with Design Wall Monday:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are sure working with some bright yellow there aren't you - a bit of sunshine in the quilting room

Michelle said...

Both of your Sewcialites are fantastic! I can’t decide on a favorite. One is cheerful and the other is calming.

Jeanna said...

Your Sewcialites blocks are looking great. I'm caught up but I'm only making one set of 9" blocks. Not sure of my layout either.

Bonnie said...

You made great progress on your one day of sewing! I really like the background on your Saturday Sampler blocks. The blocks are really fun. Hope you get a bunch of sewing time in this week.

Nann said...

Was last week your trip to Arizona? Did you get to any quilt shops?
Your new blocks look great and I know it felt good to get back to "work."

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Both of your sets of the Sewcialites blocks are fun! I love the yellow background ones - so bright and happy. The greens are my favorite, though - so refreshing with all the wintry lack of color around here! These will make great quilts!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Like Bonnie, I love the fabrics you selected for the Saturday Sampler blocks. It’s fun watching your series of various blocks grow into a quilt set.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your sewcialites sets are beautiful - fun colors!

Vicki in MN said...

So glad you had a sewing day on Sunday. And what's not to love about those fancy green polka dots!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the yellow and the brights! Very pretty!